Wednesday 23 September 2015

Did you go anywhere different this year?



I did!

All thanks to Gillie.
My lovely friend
asked if I would like to go on holiday
with her and her sons and two of their friends.
 
( Her sons even decided which room I would have,
and they chose the Balcony room.  Loved it.)
 
Oh my word ....Of course I would.
How lovely of her and her sons.

Gillie has a fabulous  chalet in


View from my bedroom balcony..


View as we sat on the  side veranda ..

Etale is a mountain of Savoie and Haute-Savoie, France.
It lies in the Aravis Range of the French Prealps
 and has an elevation of 2,484 metres above sea level.

Every night we sat on the veranda and just took it all in..




 
It is absolutely fabulous. And even though it is well known as
a Ski resort , the Summer season is just as busy. So much
to do.  Plenty of shops (Chocolate shops too)   a super weekly market ,
supermarkets,restaurants and walks. It is not far from
Lake Annecy either. As you can see from the map below.
The nearest airport is Geneva which is about 27 miles.



It is a ski resort in the Alps near the Swiss border. The commune of La Clusaz is part of the Haute-Savoie department  La Clusaz has been hosting winter sports since 1907. It is the birthplace of famous French skiers Guy Périllat and Vincent Vittoz and sailor Philippe Monnet. Based in the Aravis mountain range La Clusaz (originally from the word cluse - meaning a narrow path between two mountains) was once called Clusa Locus Dei meaning God's narrow place.

A walk through the forest..


Getting ready for winter with their log stack..



Mountains all around...so beautiful and invigorating.
The change in air certainly knocks you out , slept so well.


Still went to France but a totally different holiday and area.

Big thank you to my friend and boys.
♥♥♥♥♥

 I actually went to a few different places this year. I was very lucky indeed.
I have been trying to do a blog post continuing with Austria but having problems
exporting my photos from my phone .. I will get it sorted.

17 comments:

  1. Such gorgeous mountain sites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Merisi, they are amazing :-)

      Delete
    2. Another piece of fine blogging. The effort,work and detail you put in is obvious. Well done

      Delete
  2. Hi Anne. I'm glad you finally managed to get this post up! What a lovely place to visit - beautiful scenery - how lovely of your friend and her bits to ask you along, AND getting the balcony room. Super photos, as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was as you know a super holiday. Yes it was very lovely of them all :-) x More to come.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you had an amazing time. A new area to visit as well. So glad you had the chance to go. Take care Diane xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diane. I was indeed very lucky, it was amazing. Never been to the Alps or this area. Take care Anne xox

      Delete
  4. Wonderful. La Clusaz is one of my favourite places, in summer or winter. We have stayed near there a few times. The scenery is stunning. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Gaynor , How brilliant that you have been to La Clusaz and love it too. I am a City /town girl but once in a while it really does you good to have a change of scenery and breathe fresh air and clear out the cobwebs. The scenery is stunning , I agree, I sat out on the balcony nearly every night . Fabulous. Maybe I will get to go in Winter too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow beautiful! I can't wait to see France :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like an interesting place to visit. How lovely of your friend to invite you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how perfect a holiday, such a luxury to have time to enjoy and savour such a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anne, Wow. I'm blown away by those beautiful photos. You deserved a lovely vacation. The sky is amazing, and the waterfall must have made for a terrific hike. Thanks for playing along with Dreaming of France.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful area! Glad you got to go.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to everyone for commenting, it certainly makes my day. A pleasure to see everyone of you. Old and New.. Blogging not only opens up the world but gives us new friends.