Thursday 3 April 2014

Two lovely cards with a newly discovered connection..



Two cards from different
parts of the world ,,

You will have to read to the end to see what the connection is!!!


My  lovely friend Krissa from the Philippines
 
sent me this  wonderful postcard from Singapore.
 
 
 
The flower on the front is
 
Heliconia Latispatha
(Golden Lobster Claw)
 
a native plant of Mexico and Central and South America
  
 
 I thought Krissa was  on holiday there.
 
NO , she has moved there for work!!

Her message on the card is very sweet..

"I have been away from my blog and postcard hobby,
but I make sure I remember the friends I have made" 

Wonderful to be thought of  from so far away
 
Big Thank you Krissa.
 
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

On Mother's day

I was given this beautiful
handmade card

 
and with it came this ...
 
 
Now you are really wondering what the connection is!!

Read below ...


Heliconias in the tropics rely exclusively on hummingbirds for pollination.
This accounts for their bright red, yellow and orange colors,
which attract hummingbirds.

Amazing what I learn when doing research for my fabulous cards.

♥  ♥ ♥  ♥ ♥
 

9 comments:

  1. Really interesting connection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What delightful sentiments Anne and so good of your friend to remember you, whilst working in Singapore.
    I love the way you meticulously research your subject matter, the outcome is always so interesting,
    love Di..xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh! I'd love to go to Singapore and stay at the Raffles Hotel - such a rich history. This is the one place my mother had always wanted to visit, but never made it...it would be for her that I'd go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to go to Singapore and stay at the Raffles Hotel. It is the one place my mother always wanted to visit but never made it. I'd go for her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a lovely connection and what a thoughtful friend you have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful birds, I used to love watching them in S.Africa. Have a good day Diane xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laughter is life's sweetest creation, how beautiful xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to everyone for commenting, it certainly makes my day. A pleasure to see everyone of you. Old and New.. Blogging not only opens up the world but gives us new friends.