Monday 15 July 2013

Two lovely postcards from The Netherlands , thanks to Instagram and Davina .



I have not been on
 
 
for long, and
 
what you can find are lovely photos!
 
Whilst doing a search one day ,
 
I came across a lady named
Davina  who
 
 ADORES
PARIS.
 
She also likes to swap postcards ,,
 
When I got home  there on the table
was a postcard from The Netherlands, not your usual
scene , but this delightful shop ♥

 




It seems that Les Sabots are the all wooden clog, whilst the
Galoches are a wooden sole and heel and Leather uppers..
 
If  you would like to know more about the Clog click on the link!
 
Then today I found another card, which was the first one
she sent ...
 
from a place in The Netherlands that I have never heard of .. Fryslan.
 
 
Leeuwarden, is the capital of Fryslan ",  tens of thousands of visitors a year head  to the north western Dutch province of Fryslan, a culturally distinct corner of the Netherlands. Visitors have placed the city on a touristic pedestal: Leeuwarden has been crowned the best Dutch city with a population under 100,000, and one of the 15 best cities in Europe.
 
A big thank you to Davina for these wonderful cards .
 
♥♥♥♥♥
 
Yes Davina  did get one from Paris and she loved it!
 
 
 
 
 
 


5 comments:

  1. Hi there! Been enjoying some of your wonderful photos of Oxford and love the way you keep picking up and finding new friends from all over the world. I will look you up next time I'm back in the UK and somewhere near Oxford - I think you will be the perfect guide, especially to that sweet shop!
    Axxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Annie , nice to meet you ,, I love showing people around Oxford, have lunch , coffee, wine ,, etc ,, so if possible and you and I are free at the same time,, would be great ,, thanks for that , Anne x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Pat, first cards from the Netherlands .. How are you? doing well I hope ,, we , as you know are going though a heat wave,, we just don't know what it is like everyday ,, and with no shutters etc it is a nightmare ,, there is absolutely no breeze tonight :-( take care love Anne

      Delete
  3. Hi Anne that first card is from Diane (me) and not Davina in the Netherlands. It must have a French postmark!! x0x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to everyone for commenting, it certainly makes my day. A pleasure to see everyone of you. Old and New.. Blogging not only opens up the world but gives us new friends.