Monday 19 November 2012

My trusted Tour guide Aidan and my Trip to Cupar, Fife, Scotland...

Our eldest grandson Aidan, age 9
wanted me to see where he lives


He wanted to be my tour guide
for two days:-)
A VERY EXCELLENT JOB he did!!

So I have put together some collages of all the places we saw..
We had a great time walking around the town and I know
where to go to eat and where NOT too!!


Please click on the photo, then you can see them all closer up!!

Wynd is a Scots word for what is typically a narrow path snaking through houses to join two major roads

Pend is a Scottish architectural term referring to a passageway that passes through a building, often from a street through to a courtyard, and typically designed for vehicular rather than exclusively pedestrian access.
I think Tak Tent o Sma Things --- .means take of your small things
(not quite sure why it is a sign on that wall)


Lots of Chimneys ....!



Two different churches right next door to each other.


The best Icecream Parlour EVER!!!

Aidan LOVES it!!! ♥

Thank you so much for being my Tour Guide
Aidan, we had a super duper time ..

Love you xx

Next we will have shops .. he loved going with me.

7 comments:

  1. And thank YOU for sharing your tour! What a wonderful young man for taking his Nanny on a tour of his town!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll look forward to the shopping spree. For once a young man who doesn't hate shopping!

    It looks as though you and your handsome tour guide had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the great tour of Cupar with your grandson Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaaw, bless. Little Aiden obviously took great delight in showing you around, Anne. We are so fortunate to have our gorgeous grandchildren, aren't we? They bring SO much into our lives. Lovely photos as always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky you to have such a great tour guide. I'm hoping to visit Scotland too soon, although if it's too cold I might have to wait a few months...I'm just not used to the cold anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your tour guide, he is just great. The photos are excellent and thanks for sharing. Keep well Diane

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to everyone for commenting, it certainly makes my day. A pleasure to see everyone of you. Old and New.. Blogging not only opens up the world but gives us new friends.