Thursday 27 August 2009

Paris is Wonderful.....

I am having so much fun.....and tonight I went for dinner in Rue Cler, not far from my apartment... I had dinner in Tribeca....now i have read some reviews but I would not take any notice of them. The local French people were out in the hundreds..( maybe less) and they were queuing for this place,...so I joined and got my table for one ( how sad) ..they put me right inside ..thought I might of got table outside...but I am glad I didn't because there was a lovely couple next to me ..and we chatted for ages , well I say we chatted, she can speak english but is Romanian, and he is French and can speak only a tiny bit of English..so it was fun..and guess what, she has my blog address!! And we might be meeting up before I leave.

I ordered a salad with chicken, it was the biggest salad I have seen and it was delicious. I wanted to take a photo, but thought best not ..I would of been the centre of attention..!!

I made my way home, and thought , why not stop off for a Verre de Vin rouge, in the little restaurant/bar next to my apartment. They are really lovely in there..one man can speak English and the other none..but it is great. And tonight we had a long chat about Formula 1....and it turns out that they are huge fans, and one had a old Williams Lanyard...they are true fans!!

So a good night was had!!

6 comments:

  1. It sounds like you are having a wonderful time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your enthusiasm for everything Anne! I am so glad you are having a good time. I need to take a page from your book!

    I hope that you and Andrea are indeed headed to Giverny today! Wish I weren't working so I could go with! Enjoy . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad your enjoying Paris Anne, I am certainly enjoying reading
    about it.
    You certainly are very brave to 'go it alone', how I admire you!
    new post from me about Liverpool, Beatles etc, in the sixties.

    Di.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to explore that area more. Paris has so many interesting areas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, I'm so jealous - want to be there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone, have had a great time...it has been an experience!!

    Back to reality next week!! It will be very strange to be back in the UK and I have only been gone 10days...How odd is that!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to everyone for commenting, it certainly makes my day. A pleasure to see everyone of you. Old and New.. Blogging not only opens up the world but gives us new friends.