Tuesday 9 June 2009

Poetry From Sicily.....

A few weeks ago I received a wonderful Poetry book from Sicily. My great friend Patrizia sent it to me..it was a complete surprise. I was amazed, and honoured, such beautiful poetry.


Patrizia was given the amazing opportunity to work with the author Antonio Lonardo..and translate the Poetry from Italian to English!! What a feat.. Can you imagine the pressures..and one of the difficulties is how the translation reads, it doesn't always make sense.. and the other would be to keep the flow of the poem together as it was written in the first place. Amazing and congratulations...!

Why not visit Patrizia's blog, Sicily Scene and read all about this and her fabulous trip to Florence where Antonio was a nominee for the Premio Internazionale di Poesia "Coluccio . And a Winner!!!! Patrizia was also awarded for her wonderful work.

Thank you so much, I will treasure it forever.

3 comments:

  1. What a special gift to receive Anne! I admire Patrizia's talents greatly.
    The book sounds nice. I really do like poetry. Will go visit her site now.

    Hope all is well!

    xox
    Constance

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was my pleasure to send it to you, Anne. Thank you for your kind words. Antonio Lonardo will be delighted, too. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's not bad at English either.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to everyone for commenting, it certainly makes my day. A pleasure to see everyone of you. Old and New.. Blogging not only opens up the world but gives us new friends.