Wednesday 25 February 2009

A walk with a difference...


Whilst travelling into Oxford today...an advert on the bus caught my eye....

THE OXFORD MOONLIGHT STROLL 2009 Saturday 11th July

I didn't think about it again, until returning home, there it was again!


The stroll is in aid of the Sobell House Hospice Charity , that has been providing care and support to those residents of Oxfordshire affected by life-limiting illness since 1976.

I think this would be a good walk for my friends and I. It would certainly be different and at the same time, help others! Now if I had been in a car, I would never of seen this...so taking the bus can make a difference!!

11 comments:

  1. That would be a fantastic thing to do.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful!! Hospice careworkers were Godsends to my mom and our family during my mom's final month with us.... They were angels so anything dealing with Hospice is TOP in my book and heart!! So glad you saw this!! I agree that you see so many things walking than when you are in a car....
    Have a great end of the week, Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great idea. Look forward to reading your post on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks really worthwhile.

    We take the bus (and ferries) all the time in Sydney and I agree you see much more that way.

    Take care and happy walking :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd do it too. I imagine that it's through the town not the countryside? It can be awfully dart out there even in moonlight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats amazing..was just thinking myself that I must find out if anyone here does the Race for Life (walk!) or something similar for charity, maybe we can get together?? xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea!! Sounds like great fun- I love moonlit walks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so right about the bus making a difference! I will be looking forward to your moonlit stroll and will see for myself if Italy has anything like that going on for summer. I think my dogs would really love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds great. Do tell us if you go on it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, it's frees you up to have a good look around.

    Nice time of the year to have the walk too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to everyone for commenting, it certainly makes my day. A pleasure to see everyone of you. Old and New.. Blogging not only opens up the world but gives us new friends.