Thursday 8 February 2007

Flickr Pictures

The photos you see in flickr at the moment are from a trip in 2003 to Barcelona Mercat de la Boqueria. We went to Barcelona for 8 days and had a fabulous time...We stayed in the area of El Born - http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/areas/el-born.html which is very up and coming, with brilliant restaurants, close to La Ramblas, Port Vell - http://www.aviewoncities.com/barcelona/portvell.htm, the Cathedral and Metro lines, which will take you to the Sarada Familia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sagrada_Familia. This is a must to see. We went to Montujic and then caught the funicular back over the sea to Port Vell, it was amazing.

I will try and find more photos for you. Barcelona and Sicily are two places I will certainly be going back to!!!! Lots still too see in both places.

5 comments:

  1. I love the market photos, Anne - and the others!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mm, market photos like these remind me of living in Cyprus as a teenager. I used to go with Mum to the Limassol market. We bought all our fruit and veggies and took them home in a huge woven basket, just like the locals. We didn't plonk a live chicken on top though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pictures. It has been ages since my wife and I were in Barcelona.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments WL..Shirl and Steve G....might have to go back to Barcelona loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Anne, helloooo! I am in a bizarre Arizona. USA. Thank you for brining me here! I have so much loveliness to catch up on....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to everyone for commenting, it certainly makes my day. A pleasure to see everyone of you. Old and New.. Blogging not only opens up the world but gives us new friends.